Make Covid Stop: Making medical equipment, together

Welcome from Therese

Hi Everyone! I’m Therese Seldon (Chief of Staff at Glowforge) and forum moderator.

I have a Ph.D. in Biochemistry, a background in medical device development, and with my family spread across three continents, I want to do all I can to make a difference during these highly uncertain times.

Doctors, Nurses, EMTs, & other healthcare professionals: Let us know what challenges you’re up facing that laser manufacture might have a role to play. Post your needs in the Medical Professionals Request Help category.

Makers: This is a call for you to lend your creativity towards ideas that could be of service to those on our medical frontlines. Post your ideas in the Design Ideas and Sharing category.

6 Likes

Thank you and the rest of the team for setting up this program. I’m grateful for the opportunity to help that you’re providing. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you! I really appreciate you for getting involved!

~Therese

Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to participate. Although I’m a newbie, I’m willing to learn and help in anyway I can. “Sam”

3 Likes

Nice to meet you all!

I’m Laird Popkin. I’m in https://www.atlantabeatscovid.com/ , a group of Atlanta area Makers. We’re happy to share what we’re working on, and learn from everyone else.

We’re designing a reusable n95 mask that is cast from silicone, with replaceable filters, and also designing and making intubation enclosures, which help protect healthcare providers during that complex procedure. And, of course, we’re making face shields, masks, gowns, etc., using amazing designs published by Makers globally.

4 Likes

This is amazing; it’s going to be a real game changer for now and in the future. “Sam”

1 Like

Well that’s the attitude that is needed to beat this enemy. Best way to learn is to jump in.

3 Likes